The past two days have been the most stressful this year. (Way to start a new year, stressed already!)
I had sent an email to the lady (Kathy) running my program at Douglas asking her what the next steps are for graduating. Yesterday I recieved an email from her saying that she didn't think I had enough second year courses.
Now, at my two years at Douglas, I have not taken any second year courses. ANY. So I check the Douglas website under the requirments for the Associate of Arts program. Under semesters III and IV, it said I needed to have 3 Second-year arts courses. That means I would need 6 altogether. Now, not having taken any second year courses, I began to panic. Not having these courses meant I was not eligable to graduate from Douglas, meaning I would not be able to recieve my diploma. I started looking up second year classes that I may be able to take this semester in order to graduate, and I was only able to take three. All the other second year courses required prerequisites in order to take the course, which I have not taken. So of course, I was freaking out.
Today I went to see her, because I had sent her an email advising me what to do, since I have not taken any of these 2nd year courses. She sent me an email about 5 minutes later saying I misunderstood her, and for me to stop by her office. So I did. It turns out exactly 6 of my courses transfer as 2nd year courses. I was so relieved!! Exactly six courses. She thought I had planned it like that, because the courses I took were so random. She said that most 1st year English courses don't transfer as 2nd year courses, but I was lucky enough to have chosen some to transfer as 2nd year ones.
All I can say is that God was definitley on my side for this one!
So now all the stress is gone off my back and I am completley relieved that I am eligable for graduation after this semester. Woo!!
As for the rest of it, classes are going swell. I had my first Acting class this morning, and I'm super excited about it. I think it'll really help the acting portion on the triple threat scale. Now all I have to do it take some dance classes at Harbour to keep my dancing in shape and I'll be good to go for Triple Sensation!
Speaking of Triple Sensation, does anyone happen to have a comedic female monologue under 2 minutes that they would think would be good for me?? It doesn't HAVE to be comedic, but I figured since I'm mainly a comedic actor I should show my main strength!!
WOO.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sheesh, yeah I'd say that was a little stressful! Glad that all worked out for you!
If anyone reads this - my computer is down thanks to our wonderful snowfall up in Anmore - Prolly won't be up until after Jan 21st.
Rats!
I am posting this from a friends computer.
To the sattelite gods of wireless connections - I say
UP YER KILT
Kiltman
Hey hey!
Didnt see you there at triple sensation this morning! I was fourth in line.. haha such a dork.
I'm still looking for an excellent monologue and my audition is on friday. super.
love you sugarbuns
Post a Comment