Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Time for another one!

Hello world!

Well, everything is almost done! Lindbjerg's Year End show is this weekend, and after that I have about two weeks of absolutley NOTHING. Nothing "work" related anyways. I'm really looking forward to it.

Then on July 4th is the start of my World Youth Day Mission! For those of you who don't know, I'm heading to Australia in a few weeks to participate in World Youth Day with about 46 (I think) people from a group I am with called Catholic Christian Outreach. And I am SO looking forward to it! What is World Youth Day, you ask? Well let me tell you!!

As Wikipedia states, World Youth Day is....

a youth oriented Roman Catholic Church promotional event aimed at young people. While the event itself celebrates the Catholic faith, young people are invited without discrimination.[1] World Youth Day is not associated with International Youth Day or any of the international observance days.
World Youth Day was initiated by Pope John Paul II in 1984. It is celebrated on a diocesan level annually, and at a week-long international level every two to three years at different locations. The international level events attract hundreds of thousands of youth from almost every country on the planet. It is a major part of the upsurge in Catholic Youth Work in some countries over recent years; for example, the Director of Catholic Youth Services for England and Wales has said of the event that it would have far-reaching effects, not restricted to those who attended.[2]


I think this is going to be one of the most inspiring events of my ENTIRE like. I know it is going to have a big impact on me. Imagine.....thousands of catholics by my side, feeling the same way I do, being with God and the Holy Spirit. WOW!

Anyways, That's about it for now.

Tootle Tip!

1 comment:

Sarah-Jill said...

Wow Amanda, that's SO neat! You are basically the COOLEST person ever! :)
I love your blog! I didn't know you had one until you commented on mine! lol
Nice seeing you at the Lindbjerg show!!
Love, Sarah