Unfortunately on Monday, we had to put down my dog, Bianca.
I had her since I was 8.
Letting go and realizing that she's never coming back had been one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.
I know it sounds pretty lame to feel this way about an animal. But she was so much more than that to my family. She was a member of our family.
And now, whenever I leave the house, I have to one to say Goodbye to. I have no one to greet me at the door when I come home.
And that has been the hardest thing about losing her.
Through all of this I've realized I have been truely blessed with having people around me. I mean, both sets of my grandparents are still alive, and although I have had members of family pass away, there has been no one extremley close to me that has passed...(not saying these family members that have passed on weren't important to me....just that I did not connect with them as much.....If that makes sense....)
Bianca was such a good dog. Although she was yappy and ALWAYS asked for food, she rarely gave us any trouble.
Anywho. I'm feeling better, although life has just been.....different.
RIP Bianca. I know you're not hurting anymore and that you're in a better place now.
5 comments:
Aw, I'm very sorry to hear about your loss, Amanda. Bianca was very cute - I remember her from elementary school. I fear the day I have to say goodbye to Eddie. Although he is 17 and smells like fish, I know I would feel the same way you do now. I hope you and Melissa have a happy Easter despite everything.
Best Wishes,
Jamie
Honestly I liked Bianca. I'm so sorry she had to go, but you have all the great memories.
p.s. Super good pic of her!
Aww Amanda I'm so sorry! I didn't know Bianca, but she was super adorable judging by the picture you put up. I'm so sorry! I will be praying for you.
Much love,
Sarah
I'm so sorry about you're dog - I know that must be tough. My dog had to be put down almost two years ago and it was extremly hard for me. I had known her my whole life and she was my best friend. So I know its not easy.
PS Bianca was really cute =)
amanda, I am really sorry your dog died. I totally understand how you feel. Carmel (my cat) just died about a month ago. Its really hard. I find myself expecting to see him, and then dont. ((hug))
Post a Comment