Saturday, January 16, 2010

Can't buy ME love!

Okay. Can I just ask...

WHY has everything become SOOOO commercialized?!
Halloween, Christmas.... VALENTINES DAY!?

Okay, I'm not against V-day at all. In fact, I think it's a great way for a couple to re-establish their feelings for one another.

However, when I walk into a mall and see everything red and pink and fluffy, it disgusts me.
Why should "love" be based around gifts?!
Love is not and should not be about material things.

I would much rather spend an evening with my boyfriend than receive any gift from him...

I don't know. It just makes me sad how people think they can "buy" each other's love.

Oh, and another thing.
Since when is it okay to do something big and romantic for your loved one on only ONE day in a year!?


Haha. It sounds like I am totally bashing V-day. But I'm not.
These are just two things I always question whenever the holiday appears.

:)

Tootle Tip!

1 comment:

Sarah-Jill said...

lol, I couldn't agree more!! This sums up how I feel 110%! I honestly have never been a materialistic person, and never will be. Spending time with my boyfriend is better than anything! =)
Glad to know that someone is on the same page as me!
God bless,
Sarah