Wednesday, February 11, 2009

School Opera Auditions!!

(and no....not AUDITIONING for the school opera....)
Just those three words are involved in this blog. As seperate entities.... TRICKED YA!!

Well.

Here I am. Sitting on the couches at school. EXTREMLEY early in the morning.....(well.....kinda.)


Thought I'd do a little update on my life before I head to class and do a presentation on some good ol' science fiction stuff (Woo!)



Hmmm....where to start??


Well, last night I had my audition for Theatre Under the Stars. I was planning to do it on Sunday, but they had SO many people show up, that they moved me to Tuesday. Which is fine, because it was less rushed and more relaxed!

So, anyway, my audition. As some of you know, I am pretty much PETRIFIED of them. Well, not really......but I get very very nervous. So I walk into the room and I sing my song.....and it didn't suck!! I was pretty proud of myself.....usually I'm so nervous that my voice shakes and I can't belt out and act out my song in a natural, fun way!! But this time felt different. I think I did a pretty swell job. An 8 out of 10.

And everyone on the panel were super nice. It really helps to know that they're all on YOUR side and that they want you to do your best. Phew!!

Then was the dance call. When I exited the room I was shaking from all the adrenaline going through my system. Thank goodness my mommy was there to gimme my water bottle and support me!!

....after was the dance call. Now, a few blogs ago I said that I feel dancing is now the weakest point that I need to work on. But I went in there and did a good job (for the most part). Usually I'll get all flustered and screw up dance steps.....but I didn't!!! Only thing is that for the tap call, Shelley (the choreographer for "Thoroughly Modern Millie") went around and asked every single one of us if we could do a pull back or wings. And I can't do either, so I said so. Afterwards I told my mom in the car that I should've said ("I can't do them, but I can FAKE 'em!"). Haha. Oh well.

In all, I felt it went pretty well!

Phew. That was quite a bit for just an audition!! Hahah.



What else is going on in my life....hmmm....well school is going!! Thank goodness we get Monday and Tuesday of next week OFF for a reading break. (Which is a good thing....because I need to get caught up in some of my classes!)


OOH! Also here are some pics from the opera I went and saw...."Carmen". It was PHENOMENAL!!! The sets were amazing I cannot even describe. We obviously couldn't take pics of the actual SHOW so here are some of me and my boyfriend outside in the lobby!




I think that's about it!
Tootle Tip!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amanda! You look lovely there :)

immortalrose said...

YAY!! Glad to hear you liked the opera and that your audition went well!!! If you make it into a performance for Theatre Under the Stars.. let me know!! I live in North Van now so I can actually go see you perform!! FINALLY!!! :D

Jill said...

hey Amanda! it's Jill from your scifi class :) also, I love Bizet's Carmen! That's so cool that you got to go see it.