Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Rant/Vent/WHYYYYY!!!

I'm sorry if this seems conceited/self-absorbed. But I need to vent/rant.

Why is it that people who have less experience than you/they haven't been working as hard as you have seem to get into show business WAY more!?

It's just frustrating....I've been performing since I was 6!! And theatre since I was 10!!!

And yet people who have been doing theatre for a much less amount of time than me get lead roles, or audition opportunities.....and it's just soooo.......AGGRIVATING!!

It's just such a stab at my heart and at my confidence.

I don't like this feeling!!

Sorry. That is the end of my little rant. I'm sorry if I offended anyone!!


Tootle Tip!!

4 comments:

Sarah-Jill said...

Aww Amanda! I know how you feel! I'm so sorry that you feel this way, it DOES NOT feel great!

You're super fabulous and whoever these directors are need to wake up!! :)

I hope that you feel better!

Love,

Sarah

Elizabeth said...

I know somewhat how you feel because I've been through that before many times. Its gotten even to the point where I've actually hated those people who got better parts than me.

I remember once at theatre they even put us into groups of "experienced" and "unexperienced." I was in the second group and it made me SO mad because it was my 5th year and I had had way more experience than some people they put in the other group.

Not getting the part you want or any part is hard (I've experienced both). But I think it teaches us many things. At least, its taught me lots of stuff. I had to wait 6 years for a big part but its actually taught me a lot. We need to remember that God has something better in store for us.

Remember to never give up, your day will come! It just takes lots of hard work and determination. Every actor/performer has lost many roles. It doesn't mean that you aren't talented...it just means it isn't your time.

Plus if you were on Broadway right now you wouldn't have any time to teach us! I know thats not much of a constolation - I can garuntee that you won't be famous for it. But it does make you important in the eyes of your students =)

Elizabeth said...

wow, sorry, long comment! I kind of rambled on!

immortalrose said...

**hugs**