Wednesday, December 02, 2009

The Wonders of Life.

I find life simply amazing and astonishing.


I find it amazing that at one point, your life can be calm and relaxing, and then the very next day, it seems like you have no time for anything. Or it seems like everything is happening at once.


An example? Yesterday was probably the most stressful/upsetting/crazy days I have had in a long time.

Let me start with the fact that school is at the end of semester.... Next Monday is my last class.

But is this freedom? Not at all. I have 3 papers due within 4 days of each other next week.
I thought one of these papers was completed, and all i would need to hand in would be a revision.

I was wrong.

Not only do I have to rewrite my entire paper, but it looks like I have to choose and research an entirely new subject. Within a week's time.

To make matters worse, the sound on my computer decided that it hates me and that it no longer wants to work. Yippee. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but I have music on it that I need for two events in my life coming up - singing with my friend Josh at a Christmas Party, and my annual Christmas show, "Christmas for a Cause".

Sigh. So now I have many worries on my plate, and I just want it to be December 11th (the date my 3rd and last paper is due). One more week! One more week!


Anyways, this blog was not meant to be one of ranting, raging, or sympathy. It was just meant to show my amazement with life and its events.


But, seeing as I'm writing a blog when I should be reading Macbeth, I will quickly do a little advertisement for Christmas for a Cause (which is the exact same thing written on my Facebook event...)

Christmas for a Cause 2009
It's Christmas...for a cause.
Start Time:
Saturday, December 19, 2009 at 8:00pm
End Time:
Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 11:00pm
Location:
Eagle Ridge United Church
Street:
2813 Glen Drive
City/Town:
Coquitlam, BC
It's that time of year again! Christmas for a Cause in its 3rd year!
As you may (or may not) know this show is a fundraiser where all the proceeds are donated to Union Gospel Mission. This year we have decided to add a second show, where the proceeds raised will be donated to First United, an equally deserving recipient.

It is a night of Christmas entertainment including classic songs, modern songs, and a few songs flourished with our own twists.

The cast includes:

Amanda Assalone
Linnea Holm
Kim Bunka
Daniel Johnston
Timothy Johnston
Joel Ballard

The show dates are:

Dec. 19, 2009 at 8 pm (with proceeds donated to UGM)
Dec. 20, 2009 at 8 pm (with proceeds donated to First United)

Admission is by donation at the door with a suggested minimum donation of $10, but we would love for all of you to be there so whatever you can contribute will be greatly appreciated.

Come out for a night of fun and help us raise money for a great cause!



Hope you can make it to one of the nights.

Tootle Tip!

No comments: