Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bored Bored Bored.

Well. I've finished all my homework, and I have nothing else to do!

Jared is in the other room playing video games with my brother, my mom is going to bed, my dad is in the garage and who knows where my sister is.

Guh. I hate this feeling.

Anyways...


A bunch of things are on my mind right now about religion and my relationships with people, and how they go together. No one who I am really close to has a personal connection with God. I mean, they attend church occasionally, but they don't cry out to God and ask him for forgiveness the way i do. They haven't found that spiritual connection yet. And it hurts me. I mean, I have a lot of people around me who worship Jesus, but they're not Catholic. I want to share all these things with the people who are really close to me but I can't because they aren't where I am in my faith and it's hard. I talked to this guy, Rob, who is head coordinater of Catholic Christian Outreach, a program at my school about this. He used the word conversion, which I hate. I hate the fact that I have to 'convert' someone in order for them to understand me and talk to me about this. Aw well.


In other news, singing lessons with Peter is awesome. I've only had 2 lessons and I've learned so much already. I have to concentrate on dropping my tongue and opening up my throat etc etc.

Anyways, Jared's here now, so i better jet.

Byyyyye!

2 comments:

Kaylee said...

Amanda - I friggen love you man. And I want to sit down and have a good long chat about all this stuff. I can totally relate. And thank you so much for your comment on my blog - you're the best. K really though, we need to talk SOON!

peace and love

Anonymous said...

Amanda, I miss you. I may not be at the same level with you when it comes to Catholisism, but my relationship with God is pretty ongoing. We've been talking a lot now that my grandma is sick, so if ever you want to have a conversation about him, call me up.