Monday, November 20, 2006

Non-Theatre Friends.

Another two days off.

I can't believe that this is going to be the last week of Fiddler. I'm going to miss it tremendously!

Well, Saturday night Jared and his family came to see the show, and they absolutely loved it!! Jared said he may even come again!

Anyways, I really wanted to write today because I've been thinking a lot about my non-theatre friends lately. It makes me so sad that I'm not as close to them as I once was. And what astounds me still, is that after 9 years of musical theatre, some of them still don't understand that Musical Theatre is my life, my passion...musical theatre is what makes me who I am. It also saddens me that most of them just think that every show i'm in is just another show and they make the excuse that it's too expensive. TOO EXPENSIVE?! Do you know how much professional shows are? $21 is NOT bad at all! And as for it being just another show - it's not. If you truly cared about me and wanted to be supportive, you'd come see every one of my shows, because that's who I am. Every show is different, has different characters etc, so how can it be just another show!? So you're saying if I got into a Broadway show you wouldn't come see it because it was just another show and too expensive. That's how I see it.

Anyways, that's my rant. That's why i want to hang out with my theatre friends more - because they know what it's like and they'll support me no matter what.

Yeah, that is just how I have been feeling lately.

4 comments:

Laurz said...

unfortunately, that's honestly how it is until your non theatre friends 'get it' the majority of mine never have,and therefore people I once called my best friends,don't even call or email or talk to me at anymore... it's a hard thing to accept for non theatre people. The life is so extreme, and will never cease to stop. That's how it goes, especially once you hit broadway.

i love u to bits

Kaylee said...

wow - I so know the feeling. I feel like the biggest jerk for "abandoning" all those people I was so close to for so long. But I'm learning that those who really care will take the time to love and know what you are passionate about! And then there's those people you can just connect regardless of whether they "get it" or not. Those are the keepers!

You are a superstar, and did a fabulous job in Fiddler!!

Love ya!

timmyjay said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

hey amanda.. i read your blog (after all you did advertise it on your nex profile) and I can understand where you are coming from and sympathize... and it hurts to leave friends behind.. but in some cases you have to do it. You are doing amazing work in your shows... and I can tell you are very proud of your work.. it's a shame that your non-theatre friends don't see it.. I suppose that is why theatres tend to flock to eachother and become a form of family.. because we understand and support eachother..

I hope you didn't mind my comment... since I am sort of a stranger and all.
Hope your friends have a great epiphany.

~Amber~