Thursday, March 13, 2008

I Just Don't Understand It.

It's official - I suck at auditions.

I don't know what it is. I thought I did really well at my Triple Sensation Audition. I was almost sure I would get a callback.

And of course I didn't.

I don't know why I psyche myself out about these things. I mean, really, it's no huge deal. You win some and you lose some.

It just is a real blow to my confidence (since I already lack this in my life). Honestly, I don't think I've ever really had self-esteem or confidence when it comes to me performing, strangely enough. I never think of myself as good enough.

Maybe that's why my auditions blow. Because I show that I have this lack of confidence.

But who knows, really. Maybe this is just a way of God telling me that I'm not meant to be a performer. And that's a tough thought to actually realize and come to know.

Scary stuff.

2 comments:

Sarah-Jill said...

Amanda! You ARE meant to be a performer! It's obvious to everyone who is touched by your performances!! Including me!! You are AMAZING, and don't you forget it. That is promise, not a threat :P
Personally, I'm bad with auditions too. I tried out for Annie with Footlight, and I was SO terrified, that I burst into tears! And you saw how terrified I was auditioning for Alice in front of you and Iain! Keep your head up! Even if auditions are hard for you, it doesn't seem like performing well is =)

bloggeranonymous said...

YEAH - to everything Sarah said! Amanda you know what I think already (hence the card), never give up on yourself!! And if it makes you feel any better look at my life!