Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Dear World

Dear World,

Hello. It surely has been quite awhile since I've actually "blogged".

I really don't remember what I've told you. I DO know I did a theatre survey my last blog and that Jamie gave me the Honest Scrap Award.....which I have not done.

Anywho, I'll kinda do a quite update on what's going on in my life and what's new.


1. Yes, I am back at SFU. Yes, I am hating it.
Why am I hating it?
1. I found out I cannot graduate in June.
2. I am not super passionate about my major.
3. I am scared for what the future holds.

2. On a better note, I am again teaching for Xtreme Theatre this year (the homeschool group I teach musical theatre for). We are doing Anne of Green Gab
les. Although I am fairly sick of the show itself, it's cool to be looking at it on the other side of the table - I've done the production three times as a performer, but this is my first time directing/choreographing. So that's cool.

This is currently my only job.

3. I am rehearsing for my own show at the moment, a familiar one to all:

**SHAMELESS PROMOTION TIME!!**

Joseph & the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
Friday Nov. 6 to Saturday Nov. 14
Thursday - Sunday at 7:30 pm
Sunday, November 7 at 2:00 pm

Adult: $32
Student: $28
Child (12 and under): $24

Discounts available for groups of 10 or more. For group ticket information please contact info@footlight.ca
Order Online: www.ticketstonight.ca

Order By Phone: 604.684.2787
Additional $3.50 per order for phone orders
Call Centre Hours
Monday to Thursday 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Saturday/Sunday Closed

I really really really hope whoever reads this will be able to make it out. It will be a fabulous show no doubt.


(PS - I play a wife and a dancer. and the talent in the cast is phenomenal!)


That's about it for now. Tootle Tip!


(Oh, and Jamie, here's a photo of me when I played Lucy...)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome photo Amanda - you look so much like Lucy it's hilarious!

Also, I think everyone I've talked to (including myself) hates being at SFU right now. I think there's something in the water that has made everyone a downer. This is my first semester without an English class and I actually miss it, so maybe give yourself some time away from it and you will like it again. Lucky for me this is my last semester. Unlucky for me I'm trying to find time to apply to grad schools and I too am scared for what the future holds.

Best,
Jamie